1. Put the most detail-oriented person you know in charge. Also the cutest childlike empress.
2. String up white lights and glittery curtains all over the place and scatter awesome 20s black-and-whites about. And diamonds; lots and lots of diamonds. 3. Invite all the funnest people you know.
4. Instruct them to don their most dapper flapper duds. (Vintage stores and Etsy are ripe for the picking, but Party City also has a well-stocked and cheap Roaring 20s section, as well.)
5. Designate a Gatsby and have him/her create a buzz through emails, Instagrams and the like.
6. Make sure there is at least one dog in a tux on hand.
7. Set up a makeshift photo booth with ample props.
8. Stock up on bourbon. Lots of bourbon. (And champagne for toasting and a TV for a final countdown, too.)
9. Ring in the New Year with your nearest and dearest.
10. Then dance like nobody is watching.
11. All the while, be grateful you have so much love and friendship in your life.
Happy 2014, y’all, and a huge THANKS to Daina, Brian and Sam for throwing the best New Year’s party I’ve ever attended!
Holy Good Time! Your Charleston looks great (as does everyone’s attire). Happy New Year!
This looks amazing! Love everyone’s looks — and those smooth dance moves.
Looks like loads of fun! Happy New Year!
That looks like such a fabulous party! Happy New Year, Kristin – looking forward to see what adventures you have in store for 2014!
looks so fun!
That party was surely a blast! One of the best I’ve seen actually.
It seems you’ve had a great time! This is one of the coolest theme party I’ve heard of, so far. Do you think that throwing a carnival would be too much?
How much fun! Everyone looks gorgeous!!!
LOVE this. Such a fun idea, and love how classy you kept it.
This looks like a great reason to get dressed up and celebrate!
Just gotta say I love that this party was so classy, and girls still felt comfortable enough to take off their shoes 🙂
Hair/makeup/outfit are AMAZING! I love theme parties and you are rocking this one, girl!