- An inside baseball look at the tricks of the trade
- Key advice from top professionals
- How to craft the perfect pitch letter
- A guide to creating a strong online presence
- What are you worth? How to price your work
Everybody wants to be a travel writer. It sounds like a dream job, doesn’t it, flitting from one country to the next, reviewing some of the best hotels and resorts in the world, having your work printed in glossy magazines that millions of people across the globe flip through each month? But the cold, hard truth is, it’s not that simple. In an increasingly competitive field, breaking into travel writing and getting paid for your work can be downright difficult—but it’s not impossible. I’ve pieced together tips, tricks and hacks that I’ve collected in the decade since I dove into this thrilling, challenging, yet fulfilling career in hopes that you’ll be able to create your own path toward similar success as a travel writer.