What’s the key to excelling in the cutthroat magazine industry?
I want to be a travel writer—can you help me find my path?
I’m coming to Nashville for the first time. What are the highlights I can’t miss?
After receiving these questions regularly for years, I thought it worthwhile to spend some time and cover these topics at length for you aspiring journalists and fellow writers alike. I hope you find them helpful! If you have suggestions for other eBook topics you’d like me to cover in the future, drop me a line via my contact page.
SO YOU WANNA BE A TRAVEL WRITER?
- Working for the biggest pubs in the biz
- An inside baseball look at the tricks of the trade
- How to pitch your ideas and get them noticed
- Tips on creating a strong online presence
- What are you worth? How to value your writing
MAGAZINE 101: BREAKING IN
- How to land your first magazine gig
- Where to find job leads and freelance work
- Tips to what publications are looking for
- Who to target and how to find them
- Crafting the perfect pitch
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NASHVILLE
- Inside knowledge of the tastiest spots in town
- Cheers! The best places to drink and be merry
- Where to spot celebs across Nashville
- Music City venues you can’t miss
- BBQ, hot chicken, whiskey and other specialties
- Kristin’s guide to packing for any occasion
- From portraits to scenery – pro photography tips
- Gear and other product recommendations
- Travel hacks from top industry experts
- Tips for cheap and alternatives to hotels